Improvement Works: Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme.
Cork City Council propose to carry out improvement works on the Passage Railway Greenway
The primary project objectives are as follows:
- Enhance the public realm and improve the level of service for users of the Passage Railway Greenway from Páirc Uí Chaoimh to Mahon.
- Highlight the heritage of the Cork, Blackrock and Passage Railway by incorporating as much of the remaining railway infrastructure in to the scheme as possible.
- Create/Support an Environmental Corridor to contain and connect natural areas, open spaces and scenic or other resources which will provide an avenue for wildlife movement, protection of natural resources and green space buffers for humans.
To achieve these objectives the following works are proposed:-
- The widening of the existing surfaced area from 3m to 5m over the entire length of the existing greenway from Páirc Uí Chaoimh to Mahon.
- The Construction of a new access ramp from the greenway to the Marina.
- Improve access from the Blackrock Road by reinstating the footbridge utilising the existing historic abutments, access ramps and disused railway platforms.
- The creation of a new access point from Rockfields Avenue / Eden by constructing a new access ramp and refurbishing the existing stone arch overbridge.
- Upgrading both access ramps from the Skehard Road.
- The installation of new public lighting along the full extent of the greenway.
- The installation of CCTV over the full extent of the greenway.
- Associated landscaping works including tree planting with native species
- New street furniture.
- Associated works including drainage, communication ducting, etc.
Particulars of the proposed measures are available for viewing under the "MATERIALS" section to the right of this page or are available for inspection at the Reception Desk, Cork City Council, City Hall, Cork, from 21st June 2019 until 6th August between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Submissions and observations, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development is situated, may be made by clicking in the "MAKE A SUBMISSION" icon to the top right of this page or in writing to the Infrastructure Directorate, Floor 2, City Hall, Cork. The submission must be made before 4.00pm on the 20th August 2019. It should be clearly marked “Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme”
Ann Doherty Date 21st June 2019
Cork City Council