Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme- Phase II
Cork City Council is currently undertaking preliminary design work on Phase 2 of the Passage Railway Greenway Project (From Mahon towards Passage West). Cork City Council is working to improve this popular greenway as a dedicated cycling and walking route to/from Cork City and Cork harbour.
As shown in image below Phase 2 includes for improvements to the section of the greenway from the N25 South Ring Road to the City Boundary, approaching Passage West with an additional 1.5 km of existing tracks to Mahon Industrial Estate and Mahon Interchange.
(Construction on the first phase of the project from Pairc Ui Chaoimh to Mahon is now beginning.)
The Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme Phase 2 aims to
- Improve and enhance the safety of the Greenway
- To increase use of the Passage Railway Greenway route between Mahon and Passage West, in line with sustainable transport and health/wellbeing polices by improving the travel experience for cyclists and pedestrians.
- To increase the greenway’s function as an avenue for biodiversity/wildlife and green space. In addition, to protect and enhance the ecological, environmental, architectural and archaeological heritage along the route.
- To improve access and connectivity with the areas around the greenway including the scope for developing the car parking, lighting, security and public realm facilities at key locations along the route.
Have your say:
Cork City Council is working to improve this popular greenway amenity as a dedicated cycling and walking route connecting Cork City and Cork Harbour.
We welcome your comments and invite your views on:
- Your experiences as a local resident living next to the existing greenway.
- Your experiences as a user of the existing greenway.
- Your opinion on the route and car park options being considered.
- Any other information you would like us to consider when developing this project.
Your feedback will be considered as part of the project development process.
Documents available for viewing and download in relation to this project, in the tab on the right hand side of this page, titled 'Materials'.
Submissions can be made through the Cork City Council submission portal, (https://consult.corkcity.ie) or in writing to Senior Executive Engineer, Infrastructure Development Directorate, Anglesea Street, Cork, T12 T997
Closing date for all submissions is on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday 5th February 2021.
Contact the project team
The project team can be contacted throughout this consultation period as follows:
Telephone: 021 4924637
Más mian leat cóip den leabhrán seo a fháil as Gaeilge, déan teagmháil linn ar an uimhir thuasluaite.
Data Protection Notice
Personal data supplied as part of this consultation process will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Cork City Council Privacy Statement which is available at: https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/public-info/gdpr/
By making a submission as part of this public consultation, you consent to the storage of your personal data by Cork City Council and its appointed suppliers for use in the development of the Passage Railway Greenway Phase II improvement scheme.
Artists Impressions of possible works,
Existing Viewing point on Greenway between South Ring Rd and Black Bridge,
Possible viewing point on Greenway between South Ring Rd and Black Bridge