Harbour View Road Junctions Improvement Project
“Harbour View Road Junctions Improvement Project”
PART 8 – PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001
This application relates to the proposed upgrade of the junction of Harbour View Road and Blarney Road and the junction on Harbour View Road and Tadgh Barry Road..
Both junctions are heavily congested at peak times with inbound delays on the Blarney Road identified as a particular concern.
In order to improve safety for all road users and improve the capacity of the junctions, Cork City Council proposes to undertake the following development works:-
- Redesign of the geometric alignment of the junctions to improve their functionality.
- Lengthening of the left turning lane from the Blarney Rd onto Harbour View Rd.
- Provision of new right turning lane on Tadgh Barry Road.
- Realignment of the cycle lane across the junction on Harbour View Rd/Tadgh Barry Rd.
- Provision of left turn and straight ahead/right turn lanes on Harbour View Rd at Blarney Rd Junction.
- The provision of new traffic signals with interconnectivity between both junctions to improve traffic flows.
- Traffic calming measures at the entrances to Hollymount Estate
- Upgrade to pedestrian crossing facilities.
- Installation of new road markings and signage
- All necessary accommodation works.
Paticulars of the Project may be viewed to the right of this page under the "MATERIALS" Heading.
Submissions / Observations may be made by clicking on the "MAKE A SUBMISSION" Icon.
The project will take approximately 4 months to construct with an anticipated start date during the third quarter of 2019.
The City Council will work closely with affected parties to ensure the safe and efficient movement of pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles during the construction phase.
Cork City Council
Roads & Transportation Directorate
Roads Design & Construction Division