JUNCTION UPGRADE SCHEME AT ST. MARY’S HEALTH CAMPUS BAKER’S ROAD
Part 8 Planning Notice
Notice under Section 179 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 and Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended
JUNCTION UPGRADE SCHEME
ST. MARY’S HEALTH CAMPUS
BAKER’S ROAD, CORK CITY
The junction at the entrance to St. Mary’s Health Campus on Baker’s Road, Gurranebraher, is an important access point to the newly redeveloped facility. Pedestrian connectivity to the campus from the opposite side of Baker’s Road is poorly catered for under the current layout. There is one existing pedestrian crossing of Baker’s Road to the south of the junction at a row of small retail units. There are issues with this existing pedestrian crossing due to the current width of Baker’s Road and perpendicular parking at the retail units. The existing access road to the health campus has been recently upgraded as part of the site redevelopment.
In order to improve safety for all road users and to facilitate additional traffic generated by the redevelopment, Cork City Council proposes to undertake the following development works:
- Upgrading of the existing signalised pedestrian crossing south of St. Mary’s Health Campus
- Installation of signalised pedestrian crossing for Baker’s Road at Templeacre Avenue
- Provision of build outs at the junction of Baker’s Road and St. Mary’s Health Campus and at the row of retail units south of this junction
- Reorganisation of parking to facilitate the local retail units
- Installation of new road markings and signage
- All necessary accommodation works.
In accordance with the Habitats Directive, Appropriate Assessment Screening has been carried out on the project, in relation to any potential impacts upon the Cork Harbour Special Protection Area [Site No. 004030] and the Great Island Channel Special Area of Conservation [Site No. 001058]. In addition, the proposed development has been screened to determine whether an E.I.S. is required.
Plans and Particulars of the proposal will be available for inspection at:
- Reception Desk, Cork City Council, City Hall, Cork
- Hollyhill Library/ Leabharlann Chnoc an Chuilinn, Harbour View Road, Knocknaheeney, Cork
On working days from Friday 25th of January 2019 to Friday 22nd of February 2019 from 9am to 4.30pm or on the City Council website. www.corkcity.ie
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to Senior Executive Engineer, Room 323, Roads Design, Roads and Transportation Directorate, City Hall, Cork on or before 5.00 p.m. on 5th of March 2019 or to the following link, https://consult.corkcity.ie/en