Monahan Road Extension Scheme
Part 8 Planning Notice
Notice under Section 179 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 and
Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended)
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Cork City Council plans to carry out the project titled:
Monahan Road Extension Scheme
The proposed development consists of the following:
- Provision of a new road (Monahan Road Extension) from the junction of Monahan Road-Marquee Road, northeastwards along the northern boundary of Marina Park towards the River Lee
- Upgrading of the existing priority junction at Monahan Road-Marquee Road to a fully signalised four-arm junction (Marquee Road, Monahan Road (west), Monahan Road (east) and Monahan Road Extension)
- Realignment of Monahan Road (east) through Sutton Coal Yard site, on approach to the upgraded Junction
- New road marking and signage
- Other necessary associated works
In accordance with the Habitats Directive, an Appropriate Assessment Screening has been carried out on the project, in relation to any potential impacts upon the Cork Harbour Special Protection Area [Site No. 004030] and the Great Island Channel Special Area of Conservation [Site No. 001058]. The findings of the AA screening noted that no significant effects on any Natura 2000 sites is likely and it was not necessary to undertake any further stage of the Appropriate Assessment process. Cork City Council accepts these findings.
In addition, the proposed development has been screened to determine whether an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required and it has been concluded that there will be no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and an EIA is not required. Cork City Council accepts these findings.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development, including an Appropriate Assessment screening report and an Environmental Impact Assessment screening report are available to view by visiting https://consult.corkcity.ie/en
Alternatively the Plans & Particulars will be available for inspection on working days from Friday the 9th July to Friday the 20th August at Reception Desk, Cork City Council, City Hall, Cork. Please Note due to current public health advice all such inspections shall be by appointment only. Please phone 021-4924000 to arrange an appointment.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development is situated, may be made;
- In writing to Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Development, City Hall, Cork. It should be clearly marked “Monahan Road Extension Scheme.”
- Electronically at https://consult.corkcity.ie/en
Closing date for all submissions is on Friday the 3rd of September at 4pm.
All comments, including names and addresses of those making submissions and observations, submitted to Cork City Council in regard to this scheme, will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at the monthly meeting of Cork City Council. Accordingly, they will be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain. Cork City Council will retain data for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Date 9th July 2021
Cork City Council