N27 Kinsale Road (Airport Hill) Phase 2 Pedestrian & Cycle Scheme
COMHAIRLE CATHRACH CHORCAÍ
Cork City Council
N27 Kinsale Road (Airport Hill)
Notice under Section 38 of Road Traffic Act 1994
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994, Cork City Council hereby gives notice of its intention to carry out the following road works along the N27 Kinsale Road from Frankfield Junction to the Airport Roundabout in the interest of the safety and convenience of road users:
- Upgrade to pedestrian crossing facilities at Frankfield Junction.
- Upgrade to pedestrian and cyclist facilities from Frankfield Junction to the Ballycurreen Junction.
- Construction of a new pedestrian footpath along Ballycureen Road.
- Construction of a new pedestrian footpath along Forge Hill Road.
- Upgrade to all pedestrian crossing facilities at Ballycurreen Junction.
- Provision of segregated on-line cycleway along both sides of the road, from Ballycurreen Junction to the Airport Roundabout.
- Upgrade to pedestrian and cyclist facilities at the Airport Roundabout.
Details of the proposed works are available for inspection online at https://consult.corkcity.ie from Wednesday 22nd June 2022 to Wednesday 20th July 2022.
Drawings and particulars of the proposal are available for inspection at Cork City Council, City Hall, Co. Cork and may be inspected during normal office hours from 22nd June to 20th July 2022 inclusive.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made;
- Electronically https://consult.corkcity.ie, or
- In writing to Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Development, City Hall, Cork. It should be clearly marked “N27 Kinsale Road (Airport Hill) Section 38”
Closing date for receipt of submissions is on or before 4.00 p.m. on 20.07.2022.
All comments, including names and addresses of those making submissions and observations, submitted to Cork City Council in regard to this scheme, will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at the monthly meeting of Cork City Council.
Accordingly, they will be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain. Cork City Council will retain data for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement (available to view on www.corkcity.ie) and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Dated 22nd June 2022
CORK CITY COUNCIL