Part 8 Bramble Cottages
COMHAIRLE CATHRACH CHORCAÍ CORK CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 179 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000
AS AMENDED & PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 AS AMENDED
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 as amended, Notice is hereby given that the
development as described hereunder (“the proposed development”) is proposed to be carried out by Cork City Council.
The Bramble Cottages proposed development comprises the demolition of two existing houses and the construction of 4 no. two bedroom two-storey houses, adjustments and refurbishment of the gable end of No.9 Bramble Cottages, together with all associated works on a site at Bramble Cottages, Old Spangle Hill, Farranree, Cork.
The development site area is approximately 0.045 hectares. The site is located at Bramble Cottages, Old Spangle Hill, Farranree, Cork
The proposed works include:
· Demolition of No.’s 6 & 7 Bramble Cottages
· Construction of 4 No. two bedroom two-storey residential units
· Adjustment to the front garden and refurbishment of the gable end of No.
· Adjustments to the existing eastern boundary wall including refurbishment of existing walls to rear of No.’s 4 & 5 Bramble Cottages and construction of new post and panel fence to rear of No’s 6 & 7 Bramble Cottages
· All ancillary site works and signage as outlined on the plans and particulars.
In accordance with the Habitats Directive, an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening has been carried out on the project, in relation to any potential impacts upon the Cork Harbour Special Protection Area [Site No. 004030] and the Great Island Channel Special Area o f Conservation [Site No. 001058]. The findings of the AA screening noted that no significant effects on any Natura 2000 sites is likely and it was not necessary to undertake any further stage of the Appropriate Assessment process.
In addition, the proposed development has been screened to determine whether an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required and it has been concluded that there will be no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an EIA is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including an Appropriate Assessment Screening Report and an Environmental Impact
Assessment Screening Report, will be available for inspection from Friday 29th January 2021 until Friday 26th February 2021
· Online at https://consult.corkcity.ie/
· at the offices of the Community, Culture & Placemaking Directorate, City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork between 10.00am and 4.00 pm
Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact 021-4924518 to make an appointment.
A copy of the documents may be purchased, on payment of a specified fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy. Requests for a copy may be made by contacting 021-4924518.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated, may be made:
· Electronically through https://consult.corkcity.ie/
· in writing, by post, to Alison O’Rourke, Senior Executive Officer, Housing Directorate, Cork City Council, City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork.
Closing date for submissions and observations is Friday 12th March 2021 at 4.00pm.
All comments, including names and addresses of those making submissions and observations, submitted to Cork City Council in regard to this scheme, will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at the monthly meeting of Cork City Council. Accordingly, they will be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain. Cork City Council will retain data for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement (which are available to view on www.corkcity.ie) and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Ann Doherty Date; 29th January 2021
Cork City Council