Westside, Model Farm Road, Cork
COMHAIRLE CATHRACH CHORCAÍ
CORK CITY COUNCIL
[ PUBLIC NOTICE]
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 179 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000
AS AMENDED & PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 AS AMENDED
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 as amended, Notice is hereby given that the development as described hereunder (“the proposed development”) is proposed to be carried out by Cork City Council.
The proposed development, named Westside, is located at Model Farm Road, Cork. The development consists of the construction of a 4 - 5 storey building containing 43 no. apartments
The development site area is approximately 2,450 square metres and is located directly south of Abbeyville Apartments with a Texaco garage adjacent to the west and the access road to Parchment Square immediately to the east. The site in question is the former Blackwater Motors Car Dealership premises. The existing building and site are in the ownership of Cork City Council.
The proposed works include:
- the construction of a 4-5 storey building containing 43 no. apartments (17 no. 1-bed and 26 no. 2-bed apartments), each with private balcony/terrace,
- provision of ground floor bin store and plant room,
- all associated demolition and site development works, services provision, landscaping/public realm works
- 13 no. car parking spaces and 102 no. bicycle parking spaces located at ground level.
In accordance with the Habitats Directive, an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening has been carried out on the project, in relation to any potential impacts upon the Cork Harbour Special Protection Area [Site No. 004030] and the Great Island Channel Special Area of Conservation [Site No. 001058]. The findings of the AA screening noted that no significant effects on any Natura 2000 sites is likely and it was not necessary to undertake any further stage of the Appropriate Assessment process.
In addition, the proposed development has been screened to determine whether an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required and it has been concluded that there will be no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an EIA is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including an Appropriate Assessment Screening Report and an Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report, will be available for inspection from Thursday 9th June 2022 until Thursday 7th July 2022
- Online at https://consult.corkcity.ie/
- At the offices of Cork City Council, City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork between 10.00am and 4.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact 021-4924518 to make an appointment.
A copy of the documents may be purchased, on payment of a specified fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy. Requests for a copy may be made by contacting 021-4924518.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development will be situated, may be made:
- Electronically through https://consult.corkcity.ie/
- in writing, by post, to Patricia Farrell, Senior Staff Officer, Housing Directorate, Floor 2, Cork City Council, City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork.
Closing date for submissions and observations is Thursday 21st July 2022 at 4.00pm.
All comments, including names and addresses of those making submissions and observations, submitted to Cork City Council in regard to this scheme, will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at the monthly meeting of Cork City Council. Accordingly, they will be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain. Cork City Council will retain data for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Data Protection Policy and Privacy Statement (which are available to view on www.corkcity.ie) and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Ann Doherty Date: 9th June 2022
Cork City Council