Togher Public Realm Enhancement
PART 8 – PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 - 2011
TOGHER PUBLIC REALM ENHANCEMENT PROJECT
Cork City Council proposes to carry out Public Realm Enhancement works along, and on approach to, Togher Road, Cork City.
The proposed scheme consists of the creation of a high quality public realm streetscape. The following works are proposed:
- Improvement of pedestrian facilities by widening footpaths throughout to a minimum width of 2m.
- Provision of safe raised crossing points at junctions with Togher Road and at strategic crossing points along Togher Road, while also narrowing the roadway.
- Addressing the congestion issues apparent along the route, both through re-design of the Togher Cross roundabout and addressing the informal on-street parking and set-down regime.
- Reorientation of the existing bus stop on the south of the roundabout to an inline bus stop;
- A new 3.5m wide mixed facility will be provided connecting the existing Togher Greenway to the existing shared route alongside the two schools, via the existing signalised pedestrian crossing.
- The creation of a consistent and high quality landscape strategy along the route through hard and soft landscaping.
- Associated works including drainage, communications ducting, etc.
As per Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Preliminary Examination has been made and a determination has been made that an EIA is not required. In accordance with Article 120 (3), as amended by S.I. No. 296 of 2018, a person may, within 4 weeks beginning on 11th November 2019, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Particulars will be available for inspection from Monday 11th November until Friday 20th December 2019:
- to the right of this page under the "MATERIALS" section
at The Atrium, Cork City Hall, between 9:00am – 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Submissions and observations dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development is situated, may be made:
- by clicking on the "MAKE A SUBMISSION" icon to the top right of this page
- in writing in an envelope clearly marked “Togher Public Realm Enhancement” to the Infrastructure Development Directorate, Floor 2, City Hall, Cork.
Closing date for Submissions or observations is Friday 10th January 2020 at 4.00pm.
Infrastructure Development Directorate,
Cork City Council