Marina Promenade - Part 8
Part 8 Planning Notice
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Cork City Council plans to carry out the project titled:
The proposed development consists of the following:
- Creation of a high-quality amenity for pedestrians, cyclists and disabled users along the Marina from the junction with Centre Park Road to Blackrock Harbour.
- Provision of new seating areas, plazas, and balconies at intervals along the proposed promenade.
- Provision of new pedestrian and cycle access points from the Marina Promenade into the adjacent Marina Park including Atlantic Pond and the Cork City to Passage West Greenway.
- Retention of the formal tree planting along the route
- Protection and enhancement of the natural heritage, green space and biodiversity of the area.
- Provision of an access road serving Lee Rowing Club, Pairc Ui Chaoimh/Atlantic Pond and the lands in between.
- Provision of public lighting and feature lighting along the length of the Marina
- Other associated works including street furniture, utility ducting, etc
In accordance with the Habitats Directive, an Appropriate Assessment Screening has been carried out on the project, in relation to any potential impacts upon the Cork Harbour Special Protection Area [Site No. 004030] and the Great Island Channel Special Area of Conservation [Site No. 001058]. The findings of the AA screening noted that no significant effects on any Natura 2000 sites is likely and it was not necessary to undertake any further stage of the Appropriate Assessment process.
In addition, the proposed development has been screened to determine whether an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required and it has been concluded that there will be no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and an EIA is not required.
In accordance with Article 120 (3), as amended by S.I. No. 296 of 2018, a person may, within 4 weeks beginning on the 23rd of June 2022 apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development, including an Appropriate Assessment screening report and an Environmental Impact Assessment screening report are available to view by visiting https://consult.corkcity.ie/en
Alternatively the Plans & Particulars will be available for inspection or purchase on working days from Thursday the 23rd June to Thursday the 4th August 2022 at Reception Desk, Cork City Council, City Hall, Cork.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development is situated, may be made;
• In writing to Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Development, City Hall, Cork. It should be clearly marked “Marina Promenade”
• Electronically at https://consult.corkcity.ie/en
Closing date for all submissions is on Thursday the 18th of August 2022 at 4pm.
All comments, including names and addresses of those making submissions and observations, submitted to Cork City Council in regard to this scheme, will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at the monthly meeting of Cork City Council. Accordingly, they will be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain. Cork City Council will retain data for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and relevant Data Protection legislation.
Date 23rd June 2022
Cork City Council