This adaptation strategy will be monitored by the elected members and senior management of Cork City Council to keep a record of progress made in implementing specific adaptation actions. Monitoring will be undertaken using key performance indicators (KPIs), which may evolve over time as the adaptation process matures and is mainstreamed. These indicators will be used to:
- Monitor the implementation of adaptation policies, measures and actions;
- Target, justify and monitor funding for adaptation programmes;
- Mainstream adaptation through links between sectors and related indicators;
- Communicate adaptation to policy and decision-makers and other stakeholders;
- Compare adaptation achievements across sectors, regions and countries; and
- Inform and report climate change adaptation progress to Government.